Discuss: Social puppets and the Blue Book
I was discussing this topic the other day with a friend.. and the issue keeps poppin’ up again with local companies tying bloggers with contracts and actually asking them not to post or tweet about any other competitor, even it was a personal opinion. Well, if this is how things are going then we should take an action to counter attack what Corp-heads are doing, am I right?
turning the blog-o-sphere into a “sponsored” puppet show won’t work.. and these are some basic rules that I wish if my fellow bloggers would follow to teach Corp-heads some manners:
- No more sponsorship contracts.
- You’re welcome -as a company- to “rent” an advertising space on my blog.
- You -as a company- have no right to tell me what to write and what not to write on my blog.
- You -as a company- can take out your Ad’s at anytime if you do not like what I post about.
- I, as a blogger, can write about and criticize the advertising company services and products.
- I, as a blogger, by the rules of the Kuwaiti constitution, have the full right to post about whatever I want, and to go whatever event.
Waiting for your input