My BlackBerry got NUKED!
Just got in my bed getting ready to sleep… I received a BlackBerry messenger message from a friend with a URL, and I clicked on that link.. My BlackBerry screen turned completely white and rebooted by itself. I threw it aside till it finishes rebooting for like 15 minutes, but… still loading! I tried every reboot method I know but nothing worked… anyway, my BlackBerry 9700 got into an infinite reboot loop; i.e Nuked!
I googled for some similar issues, and came across many links and articles. I followed an article on Crackberry to restore my phone back and worked perfectly. One thing that you have to do before trying to re-install your phone OS, is that you have to make sure you have downloaded your latest BlackBerry firmware from your carrier page; in my case that was Multilingual firmware – Zain Kuwait. I downloaded and installed the file on my laptop, then I followed the steps. These are the steps to follow:
- Make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry desktop manager
- Download your carrier firmware from this page
- Install the firmware, then reboot your PC
- Make sure that your BlackBerry is not connected to your PC, and is turned OFF
- Go to My Computer > C: (or your main drive) > Program files > Common files > Research in Motion > AppLoader > and run the application “Loader“
- Click on next, then you should see a box showing your connection port, or it might not show anything.
- Remove the battery from your BlackBerry, and then plug it to your PC…
- For few seconds the connection name will turn into USB-PIN:UNKNOWN. Make sure to hit “next” while that connection name is still showing, or you will have to repeat this step again.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy seeing your BlackBerry getting restored!
NOTE: Your BlackBerry will NOT be restored as it was, it will get back to its factory settings. This will not affect your memory card files.